Monday, January 19, 2009

Dead legs and Cardio Striptease

So despite the title, I will not be posting any videos, giving any demonstrations, etc. you'll just have to find out later.
Actually- there's not too much to find out. Every year, the VT fitness department (the fitness instructors and physical trainers) go to Fitness EXPO, which is basically a conference for central east coast schools to get together and show off and take fitness classes, lectures, etc. This year- not only am I PRESENTING a whole class (Zumba- I've talked about it before...several times) but this year I get to take Cardio Striptease <----watch that video. I'm not quite sure what to expect, but it should be hilarious/fun! In other fitness news, we had our semesterly fitness inservice today, complete with mandatory staff workout, and now I can't feel my legs. Actually- I just don't want to, because they hurt like hell every time I move. Damn squats. So I'm teaching two zumba classes per week, and then I'm teaching a cardio dance class (hip-hop) for about a month in the middle of the semester. It should be awesome and I'm excited to get started- even though my first class is TOMORROW (I'm not sure I will be able to move tomorrow...well, move without hurting, that is). So tomorrow, 6:30- it's Zumba time!

Despite my dead legs, around 7:30- I'm going to go get chinese food. My roommate gets back tonight, and that's what we're doing for dinner- and probably watching a movie (we are sooo exciting) I meant to call Momz today- I missed her and need to say "hi" today I bought her a present, and I can't wait to mail it to her. Damn post office was closed by the time I got there-- shoe shopping took precedence... I know- priorities, but I got some really fricken cute boots. In fact- I almost bought two pairs of said boots, but they didn't have my size. Actually this is not the case (well the whole size issue was...) I need black boots, but the ones I really wanted were the tan ones. But necessity took over (and there were no tan ones in my size) I'm still thinking of having them sent to the store, because they can send them over from a different branch, and then I can buy them at my local store. The only problem is, I'm trying to talk myself out of it, because even if they are on sale, $40.00 boots are not that cheap if you end up buying two pairs...of the same boots...
My only reasoning is this: I need some flat heeled boots (for when I go to Europe) and I don't want those to be black, so I'll get my tan boots yet. But at least they'll be a different style. (Still thinking I should have got the tan ones. They were more tan and less brown than those ones)
<-------- After shoe shopping- and present buying, I did normal errands (boring ones like dry-cleaning and grocery shopping) and then returned home, where I flopped on the couch. Only to get up a minute later when the phone rang- cursing because that was when my body decided to hate me. (I clearly am not in shape- an month off will do that to you!) Ever since doing semi-exciting things (shoe shopping) arriving home has been rather boring- I didn't see my cute neighbor, I took out the trash, and potted the new plant.
Ahem, well I threw out the dead plant and replaced it with a fake one... what? One of them is still alive (I had three plants at the beginning of the year) and this new one is very convincing- it totally looks real.

I'm just really bad at keeping plants alive, I'm not exactly sure why- I follow the directions, I water them regularly... and yet, they die. Sad, really- because "they" say that to know when you're ready for a relationship: something like if you can keep a plant alive for a year, then you get a pet. keep a pet alive for a year, then you are ready for commitment.
I'm not sure if that's true, and I definitely made up the time-line, but it's something to that effect. Kind of a scary thought though... I've only got one chance left for the plant part (Mr. Last chance is standing on the other side of the room right now- one brown leaf mocking my only chance to move on to the next stage. I will get a dog- but I'll have to keep the plant alive for almost two years before I can get one- according to the stages... though that doesn't really matter since I've decided not to have a relationship until returning from Europe. Now plug that all into the limited calculator in my head- that means I can have a relationship... ah, after I graduate college. That's a pretty long time to wait before being able to use my soon-to-be-acquired cardio striptease skills. Damn. At least I'll have a long time to practice.

Watch out Future Boyfriend: My striptease skills will blow your mind! And frankly, I don't think you're ready for this...

3 comments:

Bleighton said...

hahahah! you will DEF have to show me some striptease moves.

did you actually get those black boots?!?!? WHERE!? i want some. now. i looked for those boots (especially flat ones) in europe and the time before i went and i couldnt fine any but you found some really cute ones!!!! damn - with those and your striptease you'll have so many european boys to bring home! :):):)

omg please don't meet your sole mate there. i mean, i would love for you to but then that would mean either he has to come live here or YOU will leave to live there. i don't think i could handle you that far away. hahahah! nah, i'm just kidding. please meet him!!!!!!

anyways. i love how obsessed we are with blogging. i really enjoy it, thanks to you!!! and i love reading yours. :-D otay. bye!

Bleighton said...

ps i wrote "sole" mate. i've got shoes on the brain!! HAHAHAHAHA. i do mean "soul" mate of course!

Bleighton said...

pss please let me know how to add the goodreads thing to my blog!