Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Little Bit of Boring for You

The aliens in my stomach are really feisty tonight.
This is an "alien" in a duck's stomach, maybe this is what mine look like ------------->
Now, I know that sounds really, really weird- but for some reason, my stomach makes all sorts of noises while it's digesting (I guess), and we nicknamed the noises "the aliens" - I think it's some sort of vague reference to the movie Alien where the alien bursts out of that persons stomach. Definitely way more gross than my aliens- but probably just that weird.


Ok, so other than the aliens in my stomach. I mean to talk about the way the week has started out. My roommate got back Monday night, and we proceeded to set up our NEW TV! Thankfully, our TV from 1981 has been replaced and we now have a TV from about 2002!! It was quite an adventure, rearranging the living room, and trying to set everything up. We couldn't figure out the surround sound (aka. I couldn't hook it up to the TV) It's not that important though- we may never actually set it up, unless the boys come over and put their testosterone to work matching up wires... In other exciting news we acquired a CD player/speaker system as well- I'm pumped.

In other not-so-exciting news, classes started this week, and I'm already behind, bored, and stressed at the same time. Ugh. I have a model and wall sections due next Friday and a competition this weekend. Nothing's exciting right now, and I'm just in a funk. I think it's just been one of those emotional week- the hormones have just decided to make me completely unhappy. To be serious for a moment, I think a lot of this is coming on the tails of realization... I just realized that pants guy doesn't like me. I mean, sure- he's nice to me, friendly rather (I mean we've been friendly since my freshman year). I think it's good to realize that (I can't believe I'm about to say this) "he's just no that into me". But it doesn't change the sort of dull feeling that makes me irritable and grouchy. I don't mean to dwell- it's just weird because this took me a lot longer to get over than normal. God only knows why- probably something obvious like- I'm really weird. Unfortunately, you can't just take a week off when you're feeling crummy. That'd be nice though.
I guess it doesn't help that I can't move very well. My legs are STILL dead- and actually even worse because yesterday was my first Zumba class of the semester AND our first demo practice this semester. That's a lot of working out-- and a lot of leg work. Don't worry, I may not be able to walk very well- and I get in and out of chairs like an 80 year old woman, but I was able to eat my weight in Chocolate... so not all is lost.

At least I have tomorrow to look forward to- I don't have class until 12:30, so either I sleep in, or (and here's the kicker) I get up and actually do something! Might be nice... I do have dry-cleaning to pick up. Sorry for the lack of witty commentary and quirky insight tonight, it's either the hormones or the Aliens that are to blame. (I'm thinking hormones- it's always the hormones)

1 comment:

Bleighton said...

I really believe in the aliens in our bellies. That's all it could be. They aren't hunger noises or cramp noises - they're freakin' aliens!!!!!

I love talking to you! You are truly my best friend and I could never ask for anything else. I am so thankful for you! I love my wine-a-rita and can't wait until we can use it. I hope you have a great day, kick those hormones in the ass! And here's your horoscope today (pretty damn fitting): "Someone has a good story to tell you today, so if you've got the time, they've got the tale! Listen to what they have to say with a grain of salt, though -- keep in mind that all that glitters is definitely not gold. If something or someone seems too good to be true, then they probably are. So enjoy being entertained by colorful tales and juicy gossip, but do not get sucked in to anything that you can't afford -- or anything that doesn't accurately reflect who you are or how you want to live your life."

I love you and I'm here for you! :):)