Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bake it THEN Shake it

Today was supposed to be one of those days when you get everything done and then feel awesome about it. One of those days where you don't spend too much time reading, you don't watch any TV, you go do something active, something creative, you laugh a lot with people you love, and you eat wonderful, healthy things that fill you up without adding ten pounds to your inner thighs.
Today ended up being one of those days that you sleep until noon, don't read at all, watch far too much TV, snack endlessly on disgusting things that you regret eating 2 hours later, and feel the need to become bulimic (at least you wouldn't feel like you had to throw up for 4 hours..).

Well, it wasn't exactly like that- that's the 'glass half empty' version. So last night I spent some quality time with a couple of the loves of my life, had dinner with my mom, laughed about dumb stuff with my sister, and managed to look decent for about 6 hours. Needless to say, we ended up having just a 'tad' too much fun- which resulted in me waking up today at... well, Noon.
The rest of the day was spent eating snacks and watching the food network. I love Guy Fieri (pictured on the left). I hate Tyler Florence.
The thing about the Food Network is it's hit or miss... half of the shows are ridiculously boring- and half of them, I love for their quirks. Tyler Florence makes me want to kick some 'organic chickens' across a couple acres and then settle down for a nap. Maybe I'm too harsh, but I love my favorite Food Network shows with the burning passion of anything en flambe- and let's be honest, some are just a little on the charred side.

So besides Food Network programming-- clearly one of the only "of note" things I did today-- I taught Zumba with Bleighton. and if you don't have any Idea what Zumba is- you're really missing out! Bleighton and I are doing this summer class at ACAC, and team teaching- which is normally beyond fun, we have great energy together and it really brings it up a notch... all except for tonight. Everyone has one of those classes I suppose, where you can't remember the very first song you ever choreographed. In fact- that was exactly what happened tonight. Fabulous- so I'm up there making up all kinds of ridiculous stuff and getting all jumbled up- which of course threw off the remainder of my songs. I almost expected someone to 'boo'... you know- "Get her off the stage!" kind of a situation. At least that's over. Next week will just have to be extra fabulous to make up for it- so watch out ACAC, we're gonna throw out some hips and break some ankles!

P.S. Bulimia is a serious eating disorder, which I do take very seriously. Joking is Joking, and I would never suggest that someone develop one in all seriousness. If you have an eating disorder, please talk to your doctor about it.

No comments: