Friday, December 19, 2008

Pirates and Pokey Sticks

Is it a bad thing to stay up until 12:45 in the A.M. watching Pirates of the Caribbean and surfing the internet?

I'll have to admit that #1: I haven't used the phrase "surfing the internet" since the mainstreaming of email and the internet itself- I think even then I never used the phrase (I was way too cool at the tender age of what- 10 or something?) #2: My roommate isn't here, and I'm staying up way late for no reason other than the fact that I have nothing to do tomorrow except drive home.

Ok, so maybe that's not the bad part- maybe it's the fact that, as stated previously, I'm young fabulous, etc., I don't have anything strenuous to do tomorrow, and my roommate isn't here tonight. Shouldn't I be doing something...right now? shouldn't I be out living fabulously (or staying in in a grand fashion --wink, wink)
These thoughts led me to believe that maybe I'm one of those people who never does anything- one of those people who never gets out there or tries anything new... maybe my commitment problems stem from this too. [that would explain why I'm staying in in a less-than-grand fashion] Pirates had it easy.

Ohhhhf course, there's no sense in dwelling.
Interestingly enough- Mr. Oblivious came to see me the other day. It was weird- I thought when I finally saw him that my face wouldn't get all red, or my palms wouldn't get all sweaty. Instead all of the above + gigantic goofy smile and ridiculous babbling. Fun. I still don't get him at all- I swear he always drops these: we'll have to talk soon/ I will see you soon, hints... and yet: neither of those things happening [exhibit A: Me alone on a couch watching Scrubs at 1:30 in the A.M.]
Can someone please explain the male psyche to me (again)? ...and just saying that I'm creepy is totally not an option.

------------------

Going home tomorrow! Spending a month with the fam, and it should be amazing- though I have ridiculous amounts of Christmas shopping left (actually all of it, as I haven't done anyhting yet) I'm making a shelf for the momz- or painting it rather, and I think a quick trip to Barnes & Noble will take care of my sister. Now it's just my brother and his wife- and my dad.
I have no clue what to get the brosef, but for my dad- I might go all out this year: VT is going to the Orange Bowl Jan 1st. I'm thinking a father/daughter trip to Flo-rida might be a good present. We shall see, I'll talk to the momz and see what she thinks.
After all, it's my last Christmas Break that I'll be spending at home! Growing up feels weird...

I've just watched my quota of T.V. for the night, and shouldn't put off going to sleep any longer. It's off to my parent's for a month of Christmas love and retail Hell... Yo Ho me hardies. Yo Ho.

No comments: