Sunday, December 14, 2008

Exciting News and Worthwhile Happennings

I decided, that the last two and a half months haven't really been that completely dull. There have been a couple shining moments indeed.

Working backwards chronologically:

.05 Bad Stephanie.
-Today I was supposed to be in Richmond for field trip. I couldn't go due because I couldn't get off work. The only problem is that I already said I was going to Richmond. Problem #1: I forgot to call the professor doing the trip to tell him I wasn't going. Does that make me look bad or what?! I feel like a total db. He called me earlier this morning, saying that they 'missed me on the first protion of the trip, but hope to see me at the second'. Wow, steph, wow. Way to mess that up. Worst part? The professor organizing the field trip: same professor that is doing the below trip. Talk about a good impression.

1. Riva San Vitale, Switzerland.
-VT has a competitive Architecture study abroad program in Riva, in southern switzerland. They take 15 people to stay in Virginia Tech's casa, and study for a semester. This year, 50 some people signed up for the Fall 2009 trip. Good news? I'll be in Riva San Vitale for the fall semester of 2009!!
-Due to this chapter of my life that will begin in the fall- I have every intention of doing a spin-off blog that will document my travels in Riva. Pictures, Anecdotes, Project progress- hopefully I'll be able to create a little window for all of you, my family and friends, to keep up with my travels and antics. Go, Travelblog, Go!

2. TMA!!
-Over Christmat break I got to go to an Emery/ Hawethorn heights concert. The reason I went? My favorite band was opening for them: The Mile After.
Unfortunately- Bleighton, Phoebe and I missed their whole set, because they played FIRST (aka. Before the concert even officially started) It was the biggest letdown ever. We didn't even get a picture with the whole band as usual. That was beacause they were all spread out, and Phoebe and Bleighton didn't want to wait for them- we were tired. Fortunately- we found an awesome all night diner and proceeded to have illegal amounts of fun. Check out TMA and see pictures below. with Jim and Chase from The Mile After

Me and Phoebe at the Diner


No comments: