Monday, December 15, 2008

Realization and Resignation

I'm in the prime of my life. I'm young, fabulous, healthy, poor, and happy.
Right?
Yes...for the most part.

It's a strange thing when you suddenly feel yourself getting older. What changes that makes you recognize your youth or your seniority? I was sitting at work today, looking at all of the kids studying in the library (There's a history of Architecture exam tomorrow, so all of the second years are listening to the lectures they forgot to go to).
They all looked so young. Babies.
The problem? they are only 1 year younger than I am. Do I look like this? I suppose so, especially to everyone older than I am. This concept is mind boggling. I need to tune up my perception skills, and get away from this college campus for a while- see older people again.

And I will... Christmas break is merely days away. I have a couple more days of work left and then I'm high-tailing it out of Blacksburg.
Until then, I'm sitting down with my computer, a glass of water, a bowl of Popsecret's Kettle corn, and the intention of making dinner after my munchfest.
This time of limbo exists between exams and work and my inevitable return to retail for the holiday season.
Repeat to self: I am young, fabulous, healthy, and happy...
It's the poor part that we're trying to remedy. Therefore: back to the annals of buy-in-bulk shopping during the holiday season.
young, fabulous, healthy, and happy.

Well. Munching, check. Dinner, check. TV, check.
It's looking like a good evening.

Just think:
young, fabulous, healthy, and happy.

No comments: