Saturday, July 12, 2008

Smart Cuddles

So Friday Night/Saturday Morning finds me in bed with the cutest little thing in the world.This is my pseudo-child "Mittens". The thing about Cats, is that they get such a bad rap. "No Love"-- "Cold-Hearted"-- "evil"-- "Bad Luck"--"Just Creepy". I'm going to have to say that I disagree, so this morning/late-night fusion is going to start off with just a little bit of a sound-off. Now I love dogs- absolutely love them, but my baby is a cat. Cats are worth it- most dogs love anyone and everyone. And sure, cats are a little harder to get to know, but really they want love too! With them though, respect must be earned- as with any relationship: you've got to get to know someone. After that initial step, you get close. Now I'm not claiming to be best friends with my cat- I've got a real best friend who would be a little miffed... But she's my "mittie-boo" (I know, really, I know) But the point is whenever you get close enough to cuddle with a cat, you can better believe it means something. Most cats are very choosy about who they love (with the exception of a black and white ball of hell) So feel special if you get to cuddle with a feline- and take it from me, they are a whole lot less slobbery too.

In other news, today was Pay Day! Which just makes me feel good regardless of the fact that I cannot spend any of the money that I labored for- a penny saved is a penny earned, right? Luckily for me- I have the best (non-cat) Friend in the world! Bleighton took me out for a movie!
One of the reasons that I love seeing movies with Bleighton, is that we both have the same, very discerning taste in movies. Our criteria involves pretty much humor and a really cheesy storyline. Ok, so we both have the same horrible taste in movies- but that makes it way more fun; we love pretty much everything we see, and we only see movies together that we can tell we are going to love.
Tonight we saw Get Smart with Steve Carell etc. I think we probably laughed through the whole thing. That guy is good, and not just funny, I'm-going-to-do-everything-wrong good- but he actually gets to kick some ass in this one- albeit, while still managing to be a bumbling, yet lovable moron- but he kicks it all the same.
Someone who once tried to convince me that my taste in movies could be improved, asked me why I loved movies that didn't make you think. I wasn't sure what to say- but I think there is something a lot more complicated to humor than meets the eye. Everyone knows someone who thinks they are hilarious and isn't... It takes talent to make dumbed-down, ridiculous lines actually laughable. Lets put it this way: If my brother said the same things or did the same things, I wouldn't be laughing. But my Brother isn't Steve Carell (too bad, because then he could hook me up with tickets to South America). Lesson Learned? While I really do enjoy movies that "make me think" I also love those movies that don't for once- I'm always thinking; they're my 182 minute breaks!
So all of that late night excitement brings me back here: cuddling with Mittens on my bed- still laughing about the Russian Farmers with the Cellphones.

My advice? Get Smart... and get a Cat.

No comments: