Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sore Wrists and Communists

The summer is seriously close to ending.

My last day of work is the fourteenth and I can't say that I'm completely bummed about it. I have fun, but it's a lot of heavy lifting. Seriously.
Even though I move back down to school on the 20th-- I had to go switch apartments on August 8th. Which meant I was moving three persons worth of stuff... with two people?
See, originally, I was going to bring down several people to help me out. That wouldn't be hard- not a problem, right? Wrong. And only because people are naturally busy/flaky. You do it- I do it. We say that we'll help out with something-- and all of our sincere intent is to follow through with that, but then: something comes up. And somethings honestly do just come up. Situations change all the time- as do relationships and, well, life really.
So four leads to three leads to two, and Bleighton and I were on our way south to move a house.

We get there early, and all together I think it took us about 6 or 7 hours. The moving out was the hardest part, and we filled up the van about 6 times as well. That's a lot of junk.
At the end of the night, we were exhausted, but the new place looked pretty damn good. There are still a couple of things to smooth out- and still some stuff to bring down. But that can be in the next trip. I'm still sore from moving everything.
And I felt it at work; I went to lift a 24 pack of canned tomatoes and all I felt was pain shooting up through my wrist- A couple people later and I was lifting a pack of Gatorade G-something when my back practically yelped. Lift from the knees, lift from the knees.




Little blurb = unfinished post: started in August. I just found this and thought it was funny- I'm not going to finish it, because it doesn't really have relevance for me right now, but I thought I'd share it anyways. Enjoy it!

No comments: